On 2011-01-07, David Crossley wrote:

>> Author: crossley
>> Date: Thu Jan  6 00:18:08 2011
>> New Revision: 1055692

>> Log:
>> Try setting sysproperty java.awt.headless true.
>> While forrest does run okay on vmgump and on zone,
>> on the adam.a.o Mac OS X it issues "java.lang.InternalError:
>> Can't connect to window server - not enough permissions"
>> and then hangs for one hour until killed.

> That did not fix it.

I haven't looked at forrest's build file but I assume the <java> task
you use to start Cocoon forks a new VM which does not see the system
properties set for the VM used by Ant.

You could explicitly set the headless property in your <java> task or
you can try to set the system property ant.build.clonevm[1] to true from
inside your Gump descriptor (I'll do so shortly) which should copy over
the system properties from Ant's VM including the headless one.

Stefan

[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/clonevm.html