From: Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
To: general@gump.apache.org
Sent: Sun, January 23, 2011 7:47:43 AM
Subject: Re: failing ivy tests on gump

On 2011-01-22, Maarten Coene wrote:

> the Ivy junit tests suddenly failed with the error below.
> Any ideas?

It is my change to Ant which makes build.sysclasspath apply to the
bootclasspath of a forked VM and ivy-test is not the only one affected
(xmlunit, log4j's tests and test-ant fail for the same reason, I guess).

In Ivy's case the tests now have xml-apis.jar on their bootclasspath but
not xalan and xml-apis.jar requires Xalan as TraX processor.

xml-apis and xerces get into ivy-test's bootclasspath via commons-vfs
(which has optional dependencies on them) and

    <depend project="commons-vfs" inherit="all" />

in ivy-test's descriptor.  I see two options to fix this and will leave
it to you to decide (i.e. I won't touch anything):

(1) explicitly add a dependency on Xalan to ivy-test

(2) remove the inherit="all" from the dependency and add explicit
dependency elements for vfs' dependencies actually required to run the
tests.