Apache Gump is a cross-project continuous integration server.  Gump's
intention isn't so much to be a CI server but rather a vehicle that
makes people look beyond their project's boundaries and helps the
projects to collaborate.

Gump is written in Python and supports several build tools and version
control systems.  The Apache installation of Gump builds many ASF
projects and their dependencies.  It started in the Java part of the
foundation but also builds projects like APR, HTTPd and log4net.

== Summary ==

No Board level issues.

== Releases ==

The ASF installations of Gump work on the latest code base almost all of
the time.  The project is in a state of a perpetual beta.  There have
been no releases.

== Activity ==

The Gump project really consists of two parts, the code base for the
project and the ASF installations[1] running this code base to build
many ASF projects as well as some related projects.

The code base mostly does what its current users need so there isn't
much development going on at all.

There are only a few people contributing across all projects and a few
additional people maintaining the metadata of the projects they are
interested in the most.

This quarter we've seen quite a few of the external projects Gump builds
move to either hg or git (usually to github in the later case).  This
probably is no new development, we mostly only notice it if the old SCM
stops working.

== Changes to the Roster ==

All ASF committers have write access to the metadata that configure the
ASF installations.

No new committers to the code base, no changes to the PMC.

== Branding and Naming ==

We believe to meet all branding requirements.

== Statistics ==

As of Thu, 1 Dec 2011 the ASF installations check out a bit more than
180 source trees (114 from the ASF repository) and try to build a bit
less than 850 "projects".  A complete Gump run takes about ten hours on
vmgump and about eight and a half on the FreeBSD jail and nine on Adam
where more projects fail to build.

[1] the main instance at http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/ , a
    FreeBSD jail at http://gump.zones.apache.org/gump/public/ and a Mac
    OS X Server at http://adam.apache.org/gump/