Apache Gump is a cross-project continuous integration server.  Gump's
intention isn't so much to be a CI server but rather a vehicle that
makes people look beyond their project's boundaries and helps the
projects to collaborate.

Gump is written in Python and supports several build tools and version
control systems.  The Apache installation of Gump builds many ASF
projects and their dependencies.  It started in the Java part of the
foundation but also builds projects like APR, HTTPd and log4net.

== Summary ==

No Board level issues.

== Releases ==

The ASF installations of Gump work on the latest code base almost all
of the time.  The project is in a state of a perpetual beta.  There
have been no releases.

== Infrastructure ==

The site now uses svnpubsub.  If we ever want to create a release,
we'll use svnpubsub right from the start.

We encountered only a few minor hickups after the upgrade to FreeBSD
9.0, mostly due to upgrading svn and having to upgrade all working
copies.  Many thanks to the infra team.

== Activity ==

The Gump project really consists of two parts, the code base for the
project and the ASF installations[1] running this code base to build
many ASF projects as well as some related projects.

The code base mostly does what its current users need so there isn't
much development going on at all.  During this quarter we've tweaked
git support to allow pulling from branches other than "master".

There are only a few people contributing across all projects and a few
additional people maintaining the metadata of the projects they are
interested in the most.

We've finally given up waiting for expat to build on libtool2 systems
and now provide a system installed expat, this means we've started to
sucessfully build APR and projects depending on APR for the first time
since at least a year, probably longer.

== Changes to the Roster ==

All ASF committers have write access to the metadata that configure
the ASF installations.

No new committers to the code base, no changes to the PMC.

== Branding and Naming ==

We believe to meet all branding requirements.

== Statistics ==

As of Tue, 13 Mar 2012 the ASF installations check out a bit less than
180 source trees (115 from the ASF repository) and try to build a bit
more than 850 "projects".  A complete Gump run takes about nine and a
half hours on vmgump and about nine on the FreeBSD jail and ten on
Adam where more projects fail to build.

[1] the main instance at http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/ , a
FreeBSD jail at http://gump.zones.apache.org/gump/public/ and a Mac OS
X Server at http://adam.apache.org/gump/