Hi,

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the user wikimouse is using new techniques that makes it more difficult
> to keep spam out of the Wiki: he reverts the pages to those that
> contained spam once we delete it - this does not send out notification
> mails - and uses tinyurl to circumvent the BadContent list.
>
> I suggest we close down Wiki access to the few of us who actually edit
> the Wiki from time to time using
> <http://wiki.apache.org/general/OurWikiFarm#per_wiki_access_control_-
_tighten_your_wiki_just_a_little.2C_benefit_just_a_lot>

> I'll ask infra to change the setup in a few days unless anybody stops
> me.

Hmm. Why not have a general security setting to allow reverts only for
privileged people (i.e. those who can edit BadContent)?

Tinyurls: Do we really need those in the wiki? The URL is normally hidden in
the markup anyway and it does then not matter how long it is.

- Jörg