On 2012-05-04, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Hi,

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> Hi all,

>> the user wikimouse is using new techniques that makes it more difficult
>> to keep spam out of the Wiki: he reverts the pages to those that
>> contained spam once we delete it - this does not send out notification
>> mails - and uses tinyurl to circumvent the BadContent list.

>> I suggest we close down Wiki access to the few of us who actually edit
>> the Wiki from time to time using
>> <http://wiki.apache.org/general/OurWikiFarm#per_wiki_access_control_-
> _tighten_your_wiki_just_a_little.2C_benefit_just_a_lot>

>> I'll ask infra to change the setup in a few days unless anybody stops
>> me.

> Hmm. Why not have a general security setting to allow reverts only for
> privileged people (i.e. those who can edit BadContent)?

Good question, I'll ask on the infra list whether this is possible.

> Tinyurls: Do we really need those in the wiki? The URL is normally
> hidden in the markup anyway and it does then not matter how long it
> is.

Not sure whether there is a way to prevent this.  We could add tinyurl
ot the BadContent list but I guess there are too many URL shortening
services for us to keep up with.

Still, in Gump's case there only are very few people who ever edit the
Wiki so the ContributorGroup setup would be a good fit IMHO.