Hi Martin,

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are trying to say.

On 2013-05-20, Martin Gainty wrote:

> Am i the only advocate to converting gump to java?

Gump used to be written in a mix of Java, XSLT and bash.  It has been
reimplemented in Python - partly in the hope to attract more developers.

The code base driving Gump hasn't seen significant changes in years, the
biggest modifications have been made to support the maven proxy by
dynamically creating a Maven settings file (the proxy itself is written
in Java and never been touched by more than one person, BTW) and support
for additional SCMs.

Maybe the code base is complete and does what it supposed to do well
enough?

My question is more whether there is any sense in continuing patching
the meta data that configure Gump, something that only requires
understanding Gump's concepts and no coding at all.  This and
maintaining the infrastructure required to run Gump.

I don't believe we'd find enough volunteer power to re-write Gump even
to the point of functionality it provides now - no matter which platform
we'd chose for it.

[off-topic sidenote, if I were to implement a system like Gump again I'd
build in support for distributed executions from the start and likely
choose a platform that makes coordination of distributed processes
easier.]