сб, 7 мар. 2020 г. в 18:35, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>:

> Hi all
>
> nowadays Gump has become a tool that really only gets used by Tomcat. As
> long as it is useful for Tomcat this is probably fine. But is this the
> future of this project? Honestly, I haven't got any other vision to
> share.
>
> I wonder whether this in any way affects Gump's position of an Apache
> TLP. We've always been a special kind of project, more like an
> infrastructure service than a project that creates releases.

I asked some people at conferences whether they know about Apache Gump
and they don't. It is a bit frustrating.

The task of building the latest version of your project against the
latest versions of other projects does exist, and people are using
some tools, but not this one. (I was talking about some project built
by Maven, so the built was probably managed via Jenkins.)

It may help to actually make a release of Gump.

As of now, I am not really sure how to install the tool, what are its
requirements. How to start with some small configuration that does not
require 9 hours for a build. I can find that from the source code,
with my experience, but it is not easy. A lot of documentation is
outdated.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko