On 2021-08-12, Mark Thomas wrote:

> It looks like I have broken the Ant build somehow. I can't see what I
> have done wrong. No rush, but some help on this from someone more
> familiar with the Ant build than I would be helpful.

It looks as if you may have uncovered a bug in Ant's build, but I'm
unable to reproduce it locally, so I've turned on debug logging in
Gump.

Currently it fails because the tests for the old Jakarate Regex support
in Ant are compiled but the classes implementing it are not - which is
more than just a bit strange as they share the same Ant selectors.

Even though the original jakarta-regexp package is not there as a
dependency in Gump, Xalan could be contributing it. At least the
"official" Xalan 2.7.2 contains a copy of jakarta-regexp.

If I remove Xalan and jakarta-regexp locally, the build doesn't try to
compile the tests, so we'll have to wait for the debug output.