Stephen McConnell wrote:

Phil:

Greg posted a message back on the 18th noting that a PMC vote on the entry of the project to the incubator would be kicked off under the private [EMAIL PROTECTED] list. I don't know the specifics of Incubator voting policies but I guessing we will see a vote result early next week.

Stephen.

I saw that. Nonetheless, I still find it odd that there has been virtually no "public" discussion of the merits of the proposal and I felt the need to express my opinion. No disrespect for the process, de facto or documented, intended.

I would humbly suggest that there is no harm in public discussion of incubator project proposals, understanding that the voting is private, by the PMC. Public discussion and nonbinding statements of support/non-support by non-PMC members could provide valuable information to the PMC in their decision-making.

If others disagree, I would appreciate being (gently) enlightened on this point.

Phil