Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

I am not on the Incubator PMC, but I feel that a project still bearing
incubator status should not be permitted to make a Release.

I do not know what exactly you define as a "release". Is that more than a distribution?

An incubator project is expected to build a community. I doubt it can do so from the CVS only: That would put the entry level for new users too high.

Agreed. Some Apache projects satisfy this need by making nightly builds available for download. I don't know how this works in the incubator, but setting up a nightly build process and making the nightlies available for download could satisfy this need.

Phil

Jochen