On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 09:21:49AM -0800, Doug Cutting wrote:
> I propose that we accept the CNET's Solr project into the incubator.
>
> Discussion on this list evidenced broad interest in this project, which
> bodes well for its ability to build a developer community.
>
> The Lucene PMC would be happy to accept Solr as a Lucene sub-project
> once it graduates from the incubator.

One other question to help narrow the project's scope a little: Is the
'search server' written entirely from scratch or is it using servlets or
some other Java HTTP container?

The answer to the question matters little, but I'd like this stated up
front so that it's clear for everyone where Solr's boundaries are.

Thanks.  -- justin