On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 10:59:57AM -0500, Sam Ruby wrote:
> When I originally kicked off this vote, I specified today, midnight, as
> the 72-hour-and-then-some deadline.  Since then the proposal got a
> substantial revision (in particular, a new name) on Tuesday afternoon,
> so extending this a few hours to 4PM PST seems in order.

I think cancelling this vote and its associated mile-long thread, compiling a
list of the issues raised over the last few weeks, stepping through that list,
addressing it (or attempting to convince us they'll be sufficiently addressed
later), then re-starting the vote is "in order".

No, I'm not volunteering.

> I believe that the current wiki page:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/KabukiProposal
>
> addresses all if not most of the concerns expressed by Roy, Leo, and
> Erik, each of which had expressed an explicit -1, and would be very
> interested to hear if this is in fact the case or if there are second
> order concerns that need to be brought forward.

I'm not going to lift a -1 that probably caused a lot of people to not
vote (esp. since there were several) so that a vote can end in a few more
hours. That just sucks and if that's really you're goal here you have me
very confused -- you don't want the perception that this thing was
"shoehorned through" since that effectively will kill the whole project
before it starts.

Take the rest of the week to get rid of the silly boilerplate many people
have already pointed at and be fully honest (c'mon, we *are* talking about
a homogeneous group of people who don't have a lot of traceble experience
with open source, go out and say so) about everything in the proposal, then
start a new vote, giving people enough time to review what changed.

LSD