Raphaƫl Luta wrote:

> As far I can tell, what needs to happen to fully OSS AjaxTk
> is something like this:

> - cleanup the code/doc/install

I would expect that at worst those would be early doings during Incubation.

> - rework a clear internal separation between AjaxTk and ZCS
> - adjust internal dev processes
> - start building a long term external community

Those should happen by virtue of Incubation.

> Apache does not bring any value in the first 3 steps

Actually, the second and third would happen by moving into the Incubator, and
the first is something that multiple people could start to work on, once the
code were moved into Subversion.

A fascination with brand seems to be your primary concern, but if we end up
killing the project because it doesn't evolve properly, that would make any
such effort to leverage the Apache brand seriously counter-productive.  Ask
around for a favorable reaction to the "Avalon" project.  Most people have a
negative view of it, and anything it touched, despite the fact that the only
problem with the project was a poisoned community.

As an aside to Andrew Clark, acceptance is a policy decision, not a technical
one; there isn't a veto option.

        --- Noel