i seem to recall one of the board (noel? greg?) giving a speach at apachecon
which included a comment about entry to the incubator. it said something
along the lines of either bring code and community or bring an idea and
community. anyway this sounds about to me.

most of the incubator projects accepted so far have brought code. we've not
been very good at encouraging the ideas side. one of the great things about
jakarta in the early days was that people would just post to the list and
throw ideas about.

i was wondering whether we might widen the general incubator list to include
ideas for new projects provided that they are prefixed by [idea] in the
subject so that anyone who's not interested can ignore.

opinions?

- robert