On 9/19/06, Justin Erenkrantz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 02:07:33PM -0400, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> Of course, the fact that you had to be explicitly asked to explain
> what the project does in the mailing list discussion doesn't bode well
> in and of itself.  My objection isn't just "your proposal is unclear",
> it's also in part that you showed up at the incubator with a proposal
> that was incomprehensible to anyone who didn't already know what your
> project did.  If that's how you're marketing yourselves to a group
> ...snip, snip, snip...

Well, I think that's a little unfair.

Your criticisms should be aimed at the mentors (Ian, Sam, Ken) - but I don't
think it's fair to expect that people who are new to our community to
understand how we work.  That's what the mentors are for.  If the mentor isn't
doing their job, then take it up with them - not the people who are just
learning who we are and how things work.

+1

(except that technically it must be the champion since mentors are
appointed by the Incubator PMC only after acceptance)

- robert