Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

Greg Stein wrote:

I was happy to give a +1 days ago. But that wasn't put on the table.

Ok.  I'm going to stick my neck out here, out of my comfort zone.

While bringing Harmony out for graduation was never meant to be a vehicle for change, it's clear that there are opportunities where we can explore alternatives to our conventional process. For example, working in interaction between the podling and the greater incubator community, and doing it on "home turf" for the podling.

I keep thinking of something I believe Roy said when we first were getting community incubation and PPMCs formalized - when a community gets organized enough to vote itself out of the Incubator, it's appropriate.

Just so no one misunderstands this - the only way a podling can graduate is if it has enough IPMC votes. The model in mind was that there are IPMC members engaged with the community, so that it's their votes that make it official (not the other community votes).

(So come and vote...)

geir