Hi,

On 11/7/06, robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> The OFBiz podling (PPMC and community) has reached a consensus
> >> internally approving the 4.0.0 TS5 test snapshot release. We are now
> >> requesting a vote for review and approval from the general Incubator
> >> group and the Incubator PMC.

+1 from me.

AFAIC the substantive issue is the xsd's without open source licenses
but IMHO this is a marginal case. the license is missing from the
LICENSE file.

apache has traditionally issued aggregate binary releases containing
redistributable binary components which are not open source but does
not include source under restrictive licenses. xsd's are a difficult
corner case. much better to create clean room implementations.

So would you recommend OFBiz copy the XSD and relicense it to ASL 2.0?

since this is an incubator release and there seems no substantial
legal risk i'm going to +1 but i trust that the mentors will see that
this issue is resolved before graduation.

It's on my (very) short list of remaining OFBiz issues to handle
before calling a graduation vote.

mentors really need to cast their votes

- robert

Mine was cast on [EMAIL PROTECTED], casting here again for
clarity and ease of IPMC viewing.

Yoav