On Wednesday 30 May 2007 20:59, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> I like the second option. thanks for bringing this up.

I don't. It assumes that the [Discuss] thread was all dandy. If not, then the
vote passes in public and the Incubator PMC will become the 'bad guys who
doesn't let X in'.

Looking at ASF at large, one of the more common ways of committer voting is;

 1. [Discuss] on private@
 2. [Vote] on private@
 3. [Vote] in [EMAIL PROTECTED]

How about teaching that is the process, we inject one extra step for podlings
for legal reasons (if they now exist)?

 1. [Discuss] on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 2. [Vote] on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 3. [Vote] on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 4. [Vote] in [EMAIL PROTECTED]

IMHO, IPMC members only need to browse the Discuss & Vote threads a couple of
minutes to give the heads-up. And if the mentors don't cry "No" this should
be a swift exercise.

Cheers
Niclas

--