> What have others done to workaround the bootstrapping problem for code
> that is currently internally licensed / restricted distribution before
> the proposal is accepted and a grant can be executed?

My understanding is that whether projects get accepted for incubation
don't have to do much with the code you currently have, but rather
about the motivations, community aspects etc. So why include this
clause in the first place? Why not say you start with a clean slate
and start adding source to the repository when they are deemed ready
for that?

In retrospect, that may have been a better approach.  The value of
making the code available is to clarify the technical ideas in the
proposal.  Looking at the initial source code in an incubator proposal
can make it clearer where the project is starting from.  In this case,
there is a working code base to start from and I thought it would be
good to make it available for people to look at.  Unfortunately, I
can't just post the code on a public web site at this point, so I
probably should have just said it was not available.  Unless anyone
has better suggestions than what I put in the proposal, I will modify
the proposal to just state that there is a working initial codebase
that will be granted, relicensed and reviewed for acceptance by the
ppmc assuming the project is accepted, but the initial source is not
available for review at this time.

Phil

Eelco