Just one question: Who is John Smith and what are his qualifications to be PMC chair?

Craig

On Jul 9, 2007, at 12:33 PM, Matthieu Riou wrote:

Hi all,

This is a vote to recommend Apache ODE for graduation as a top level project to the Apache Board.

Since the first days of our graduation we believe we've demonstrated our ability to build a community and grow it in an open and respectful manner, hopefully in a true Apache way. We've resolved the conflicts created before our incubation around two different donated code bases. We've since then continued the development of the project and have grown a community of supporting users. We've recently built an incubator release and attracted a new committer. Finally, the formation of our PPMC has been a bit tardy but all the individuals composing it have demonstrated their ability to take decisions and organize the project in a positive way as part of our development community. For all these reasons we believe we're ready for graduation.

The incubator checklist for ODE can be found here: http:// incubator.apache.org/projects/ode

Please vote for the board resolution reproduced at the end of this e-mail. Note that this resolution is the result of a consensus in the ODE community.

The vote will end in 72 hours, Thursday 12-July-2007.

[ ] +1 Recommend to the board to establish Apache ODE
[ ] -1 Do not recommend establishing Apache ODE because...

Thanks!
Matthieu

Establish the Apache ODE project

       open-source software related to business process management
       (BPM), workflow and process automation, for distribution
       at no charge to the public.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache ODE Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache ODE Project be and hereby is
       related to business process management (BPM), workflow and
       process automation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache ODE" be and
       hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at
       the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
       Apache ODE Project, and to have primary responsibility for
       management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
       of the Apache ODE Project; and be it further

       Apache ODE Project:

         * Alan Cabrera       ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
         * Assaf Arkin        ( [EMAIL PROTECTED])
         * Alex Boisvert      ( [EMAIL PROTECTED])
         * Cory Harper        ( [EMAIL PROTECTED])
         * Davanum Srinivas   ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
         * Guillaume Nodet    ( [EMAIL PROTECTED])
         * Lance Waterman     ( [EMAIL PROTECTED])
         * Maciej Szefler     ( [EMAIL PROTECTED])
         * Matthieu Riou      ( [EMAIL PROTECTED])
         * Niclas Hedhman     ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
         * Paul R. Brown      ( [EMAIL PROTECTED])
         * Paul Fremantle     ( [EMAIL PROTECTED])
         * Rob Davies         ( [EMAIL PROTECTED])

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that John Smith
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache ODE, to serve
       in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
       Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
       resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until
       a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache ODE Project be and hereby
       Incubator ODE podling; and be it further

       Incubator ODE podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       PMC are hereafter discharged.

Craig Russell
DB PMC, OpenJPA PMC
[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://db.apache.org/jdo