Olga Natkovich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yahoo! research and development teams have developed a proposal below. The
> proposal is also available on wiki at
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/PigProposal.
> We would like to ask that the ASF consider forming a podling according to
> the proposal.

High-level tools like Pig are definitely needed to ease the adoption
non-traditional storage/database systems like Hadoop, both by the
developer communities and their managers.

I was pretty excited when the first opensource version was released a
few months ago, so a big +1 for this proposal.

I'd be happy to be a mentor too.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net