On 10/21/07, Noel J. Bergman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ant Elder wrote:
>
> > > Apparently a bare minimum, with very little active work from
> independents?
>
> > If the bare minimum is the "3 legally independent committers" as defined
> in
> > the Incubator policy documents then Tuscany has more than the bare
> minimum -
> > and thats "active" committers.
>
> Can you compare those figures with Jeremy's statment:
>
> > at this time there are only 2 committers active[2] who don't work for
> > that organization, compared to 11 who do. Neither of the two
> > independents are active in the core project areas of Java SCA or SDO
> > (they are committing to the C++ implementation or to DAS).
>
> and Simon Nash's:
>
> > In the last 2 months, 3 new committers have been added, one is in
> progress
> > as Paul has said, and one is being discussed.  Of these 5 people, one is
> > IBM "day job" (me), one is IBM "non-day-job", and 3 are non-IBM.
>
> Simon seems to say three non-IBM and one IBM as a hobby, not day job.  But
> two of the five aren't committers *yet*.  Jeremy says two indepdendents.
> You're saying more than three.

I think the breakdown is: current active committers are from IBM, RougeWave
and two independents.

I'm not sure exactly who does how many hours for a day job but i _think_ at
least 3 of those IBM committers don't participate at all for their day
jobs.

Tuscany has 11 inactive committers (not contributed for months), from BEA,
IBM, IONA and Redhat and two independents, I don't know if any of those will
contribute again, last time i spoke to one of them they said they would but
they were busy on other things just now.

There's two more new people being voted on presently, and the STATUS file
[1] shows new committers have been getting added every month or two over
most of the incubation.

So from that Tuscany does "more than meet" the minimum requirement of "at
least 3 legally independent committers". I've not seen this detail on
diversity and active versus inactive committers in other graduations - how
does Tuscany compare with other previously graduating poddlings?

   ...ant

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/STATUS