On 10/30/07, Petar Tahchiev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> today I was looking for a Jabber server implemented entirely in Java,
> and the only results
> that I got was this:
>
> ---(free)---
> http://www.codecobra.com/chime/
> http://www.open-im.net/
> http://www.tigase.org/
> http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/index.jsp
>
> ----(commercial)---
> http://www.adobe.com/special/antepo/?products.opnserver (no longer
> available - bought by Adobe)
>
> Does anyone (besides me) think that we can build something better?
>
> Waiting for your suggestions.

Sure. Definitively. :-)
I am working on a Jabber server in an Apache lab called Vysper
(pronounced: "whisper").
See http://labs.apache.org/labs.html and
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/vysper/

Any contributions more than welcome!
Discussion should happen on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
And eventually, if the project gains track, we could aim for incubation.

  Bernd