On 10/31/07, Matt Hogstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2007, at 11:58 PM, Matthieu Riou wrote:
>
> > "there are at least 3 legally independent committers and there is no
> > single
> > company or entity that is vital to the success of the project"
>
> What does legally independent mean?  Not paid by the same company to
> work on a project?  I'd be ok with that.

I thought i had seen a web page with more about what independent meant but
now i can't find anything other than this email from a wiki edit which says:

"The legal definition of independent is long and boring, but basically it
means that there is no binding relationship between the individuals, such as
a shared employer, that is capable of overriding their free will as
individuals, directly or indirectly."

- http://marc.info/?l=incubator-cvs&m=106976845317594&w=2

   ...ant