Thanks for the good comments.

Ting Peng,
All successful open source projects share one thing in common... they have active and diverse developer communities (and hopefully a growing user community). The word and concept of 'community' is extremely important. A project's development community works together, collaborates, to define the goals of the project, ensure that code is high quality and secure, and create releases for end users. ASF projects cannot exist without community. The Incubator PMC will not allow projects to graduate from Incubation if they fail to establish an active and diverse developer community. This is why Bertrand's comments are extremely important. To be accepted into incubation, the Bluesky team must commit to doing development in an open, public and transparent way. When a project is accepted into Incubation, the project will get a website (or wiki space), an SVN source code repository, and a mailing list to be used by the development team. The bluesky team must:

1. use the developer mailing list, website and wiki to conduct most all of the communication between team members regarding design and development decisions The mailing list archive should almost be a 'design document', where design decisions are discussed openly and team members are given a chance to comment on decisions. 'hallway' and face to face discussion resulting in design decisions should be avoided if possible, and when they do happen, someone must capture the decision in an email sent to the mailing list so the community can see how the project is evolving.

2. In order to grow the community as large as possible, the ASF requires that all development communication be conducted in English. This allows people from all over the world to follow the project, watch it evolve and contribute. It's perfectly okay to provide documentation in other languages, but most discussions about project design and implementation decisions must be conducted in English in a public forum (mailing list, wiki, etc). If the Bluesky project is accepted into Incubation, will the Bluesky team be able to commit to conducting project communications in the public in English? This is a significant challenge to the Chinese developers on the Bluesky team. Can the team meet the challenge?
新年快乐, Happy New Year!

Bill