On 4/23/08, Noel J. Bergman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>
> > i've committed a stripped down template and moved the prose into a
> > guide. this guide is just copy ATM
>
> With all due and sincere respect to Roy, the current IP Clearance form was
> done in conjunction with the Board.  Over the past several years it has been
> modified slightly by the current President, Chair, and at least one other
> Director, so it is not some unknown quantity haphazardly slapped together.
> Given that we now have a Legal Committee, any substantive revision of that
> form should be run through them.
>
> This is not a comment on content, but on process.  Let's do due diligence to
> the document.

If the IP template should be RTC then it should be moved into the
policy area. But IMO the incubator is not the right place for
normative legal policy: the legal committee should maintain policy.

I agree with Roy. The educational aspect obscures the function. The
current template is in need of revision since it satisfies neither
goal.

But I don't have the energy to push through any policy changes ATM.
Just revert the changes and open another JIRA...

Robert