The bottom line is that incubator projects haven't (yet) gone through
all the hoops necessary to become official ASF projects.  So, if they
are published to the main repository, that is in a way saying that the
ASF endorses the software.  Since it has not graduated from the
incubator, the ASF doesn't yet endorse it.  This is the way I see it
at least.