On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Ross Gardler<rgard...@apache.org> wrote:

> I would suggest that anyone wishing to vote -1 on the graduation of a
> podling on grounds of diversity of code commits needs to back it up
> with documented evidence that either a) the committers are not
> listening to the community or b) there is no active oversight from
> those with voting rights.

The Incubator policy minimum graduation requirements says:

"The project is not highly dependent on any single contributor (there
are at least 3 legally independent committers and there is no single
company or entity that is vital to the success of the project)"
-
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Graduating+from+the+Incubator

There is a judgement call to be made about if a committer needs to be
active and what being active means (posting to the ML vs. committing
code etc).

Committing code is important, having just two actively committing
committers isn't quite enough IMHO, especially when they're both with
the same employer. In the past lots of poddlings first graduation vote
doesn't pass due to diversity issues, they go away and encourage
others to be active committers and graduate on the next attempt and
the project is better for it, and thats what I think should happen
here with Pivot.

   ...ant