On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Niclas Hedhman<nic...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 3:40 PM, J Aaron Farr<fa...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri 21 Aug 2009 14:58, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> What do people think about changing the poddling release voting
>>> process so that there is just a single vote which is held on the
>>> poddlings dev list instead of the dual voting we have now with a
>>> poddling dev list vote followed by an general@ vote?
>>
>> My only concern is that we have some very great volunteers here on the
>> general@ list who check release compliance and I doubt they want to deal
>> with the traffic of every podling dev list.
>
> My concern is more that of 'complacent mentors'... How many people
> vote +1 even if they have not scrutinized the release requirements?
> IMHO, too many... So, would that mean that some podlings will be able
> to release crap that doesn't fulfill minimum legal requirements,
> whereas other will be flogged to the bone by overzealous mentors?

If the problem of over zealous mentors exists it is the same as now if
not worse now isnt it as poddlings have the mentors plus anyone who
happens to be about on gene...@?

Poor mentors maybe an issue but as there would still be notification
to general@ i expect there would be close scrutiny of the release
votes. Also, would the suggestion of holding the first poddling
release on general@ mitigate this issue at all?

   ...ant