On 17/09/2009, Gurkan Erdogdu <gurkanerdo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi;
>
>  This is the second try of releasing the OpenWebBeans M3. I have corrected
> Sebb's concerns.
>
>  OpenWebBeans is an ASL-licensed implementation of the JSR-299: Contexts and
> Dependency Injection for the Java EE platform which is
>  defined as JSR-299. OpenWebBeans entered the incubator in October 26, 2008.
>
>  There
>  are two *binding*  +1 VOTEs from openwebbeans-...@..  We still require
>  to get an one more binding IPMC Member +1 VOTE  to publish M3 release.
>

>  Plugins repository
>  --------------------------
>
> http://people.apache.org/~gerdogdu/staging-repo/OWB/1.0.0-incubating-M3-rc2/plugins/org/apache/openwebbeans

The several (all?) of the war files in the samples directory tree
contain jsf-facelets-1.1.14.jar.
This does not appear to be ASF software, but is not mentioned in
NOTICE or LICENSE.
IMO this is a blocker.

>  Distribution content
>  ----------------------------
>
> http://people.apache.org/~gerdogdu/staging-repo/OWB/1.0.0-incubating-M3-rc2/distribution/org/apache/openwebbeans/apache-openwebbeans-distribution/1.0.0-incubating-M3/

The binary jar contains a war file which contains jsf-facelets-1.1.14.jar.
This does not appear to be ASF software, but is not mentioned in
NOTICE or LICENSE.
IMO this is a blocker.

The signing key does not have an ASF e-mail address.
Not a blocker, but please fix for the next release candidate.

The source archive has a slightly odd directory structure, as it has
an extra src/ directory in the path (not a blocker, but consider
removing for the next release)

Not quite sure what the point of the -all archives is.
As far as I can tell it's just binaries + source; IMO it's unnecessary
to provide a combined archive. And because of the combined archive
stores the source under src/, it contains two copies of all the sample
source files that are in the binary archive. Not a blocker, but is it
worth all the extra disk space (not to mention additional time to
review releases)?  it might make getting votes easier next time if the
all archive was dropped ...).

Also, while I think of it - do the archive names (and top-level dirs)
have to include -distribution-? It makes the name rather long. (not a
blocker, but please consider for the next release).