On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

Small code bases with small communities are difficult (?almost
impossible?) to operate here at the ASF. Commons does OK by providing
enough community and oversight to allow 30+ such small components to
work here. But it relies on people taking time to keep and eye on
components they have no interest in and I didn't want to jeopardize
that co-operation by trying to force a decision on the sandbox. Really
though, I'm not sure why you're being so abusive over this - is it
really a big deal where the code sits in the subversion repository
(Commons Sandbox or Incubator)?

> have commons hold a public vote and make an actual decision.  If they vote to
> incubate the damned thing, it's an incredibly stupid decision, but so be it.

The end result is we want this to be a "proper" (i.e. not Sandbox)
Commons component - and that isn't going to happen with a completely
unknown (to Commons) code base & person. It needs an incubation period
- whether thats done through the Incubator or the Sandbox - so whats
the big deal?

Niall