On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Traffic Server PPMC has voted on and approved the release of TS
> v2.0.0-alpha. We would now like to request the approval from the Incubator
> PMC for this release. The original vote thread is

> The release candidate artifact and checksums / signature can be found at:
>
>    http://people.apache.org/~zwoop/
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~zwoop/apache-trafficserver-incubating-2.0.0-alpha.tar.bz2
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~zwoop/apache-trafficserver-incubating-2.0.0-alpha.tar.bz2.md5
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~zwoop/apache-trafficserver-incubating-2.0.0-alpha.tar.bz2.sha1
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~zwoop/apache-trafficserver-incubating-2.0.0-alpha.tar.bz2.asc
>

> The .asc signature is signed by me (Leif Hedstrom (CODE SIGNING KEY)
> <zw...@apache.org>). The checksums are
>
>    md5sum: 18f914f3873bc4d22c5f3115b9db011f
>    sha1sum: f735a19a70c2aa69d97d4ea239a5192258dadf17
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache
> trafficserver-incubating-2.0.0-alpha:
> [  ] +1 Publish
> [  ]   0 Abstain
> [  ] -1 Don't publish, because...
>

> Below is a summary of the vote on the mailing list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Leif
>

> Subject:  [RESULT] [VOTE] Release candidate for Traffic Server 2.0.0-alpha
>
> The vote for release passes with six +1 votes, and no -1 or 0 votes. I  will
> request for the IPMC to release this.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- leif
>
> [+1] Leif Hedstrom
> [+1] George Paul
> [+1] John Plevyak
> [+1] Bryan Call
> [+1] Jean-Frederic Clere
> [+1] Doug Cutting

I had a look. Unfortunately the main release artifact
apache-trafficserver-incubating-2.0.0-alpha.tar.bz2 is missing the top
level LICENSE and NOTICE files. Those are mentioned in the README and
do look like they're in SVN so maybe there is just a problem with the
release build, but they are a requirement of every artifact being
released so i think you'll need a respin to fix that.

The key included at ~zwoop/ with the release artifacts that was used
to sign the artifacts does work ok but it doesn't look like thats
published in a public key server like http://pgp.surfnet.nl/ so doing
that would be good (though thats not a release requirement).

Other that everything looks good from the ASF/legal perspective and
the Incubator disclaimer is included in the README file.

   ...ant