> I meant, purely in terms of Hadoop putting forward the TLP motion to the
> board, with incubator's endorsement.  But let's let options play out and
> find out what incubator recommends first.  I wasn't suggesting that Hadoop
> would have some additional responsibilities here, in terms of mentoring or
> otherwise.

Oh I see; sorry, I hadn't parsed that context correctly.

As the Incubator makes its decision, I just want it to be clear that
the Hadoop PMC is no better equipped to make decisions about Chukwa's
leadership or membership. All parties are trying to recover from this
oversight by recommending that Chukwa spend time in the Incubator, to
assemble a community that can discharge that responsibility. It will
likely be a brief stay; all the reasons ant cites are true, with minor
qualifications already raised.

The TLP alternative proposed (1)- adding PMC members not involved in
Chukwa's development, but influencing the project direction and
membership- seems contrary to the spirit the Incubator endeavors to
instill. It will have more autonomy in incubation and an unencumbered
life as a TLP, rather than a protracted semi-incubation period as a
"supervised TLP." -C