----- Original Message ----

By significant I mean active and clueful participants
in the project. IOW people who have earned the trust of
the project mentors.  It would be an evolving process
for a new project: at first nobody would meet that
description, but over time as the mentors got to know
the participants and see how they work, collaborate,
review, and critique releases, we'd gain their trust
and offer them up to an IPMC vote for inclusion.

>  I wonder if there should be  some limit/function
>  to determine the number of non-Member representatives
>  a  given podling may have on the IPMC.

I don't care for artificial limits.  Trust has a way
of maintaining its own balance.