> The key should also be added to a pgp key server.

The key has already been added to the MIT web of trust - I presume
that is what you meant?

> AIUI there must be a source distribution; the binary distribution is optional.
>
> The consumer should not be forced to download the binary distribution
> in order to get the source.

Very well; we will discontinue all binary distributions.

One major problem will therefore be that we rely on Apache Forrest to
build the documentation pages.  Forrest requires Java 1.5.  The
availability of documentation in the release will therefore depend on
the availability of Java 1.5 to the person building it.  Is this
acceptable?

Karl