All,

We've recently been working to update the Lucene.Net website to
reflect our new status as an Incubator Podling and just generally get
up to date. During that process we have been discussing the project
branding and logo.

The discussion can be found in the comments here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-379

We're thinking about having a logo design contest to engage our
community by help us improve our branding. This was recently done by
Apache CouchDB and with great results. We're hoping for a similar
experience.

We'd like to know if there is anything we should be considering about
our promotional activities as a Incubator Podling. My understanding is
that there are some restrictions regarding the process involved in
staging this kind of thing. Specifically the documentation for
Podlings/Branding/Publicity activities says:

"Podlings MUST coordinate with the Apache Public Relations Committee
on all publicity activities by a podling."

What is the best way to proceed?

Thanks,
Troy