On 8 April 2011 06:42, Edward J. Yoon <edwardy...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi IPMCers and Incubator community,
>
> The previous mentioned problems (e.g., license, notice, disclaimer,
> and website logo/text) are all fixed and I just created RC3. There'are
> only changes of text, no changes at the code level.
>
> Hama Website:
> http://incubator.apache.org/hama
>
> The release artifact, sums, GPG key and signature:
> http://people.apache.org/~edwardyoon/dist/0.2.0-RC3/
>
> Subversion tag for release:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/hama/tags/0.2-RC3/

The project appears to be using Maven to build, and declares
dependencies to various libraries.

So why are the libraries included in SVN in the lib directory?

This does not make sense - apart perhaps from grobo-testing-junit
which does not appear to have been uploaded to Maven Central yet.
But even that is available from at least one Maven repo, e.g.
https://m2.duraspace.org/content/repositories/public/org/fcrepo/GroboTestingJUnit-core/.

I just tried "mvn test" against the SVN tag, having removed all but
Grobo from the lib directory, and it compiled and ran fine.
Seems unnecessary and wasteful to store duplicates of the libraries in
SVN and to include them in the archive.

By the way, commons-httpclient 3.0.1 is very out of date, the latest
3.x release is 3.1 (which itself is now superseded by the 4.x series),
likewise commons-logging is now at 1.1.1, and you don't normally need
both commons-logging and commons-loggin-api

JUnit 3.8.1 is also obsolete; for Java 1.6 (which the POM targets) I
would expect to see v4.8.2