Sam Ruby wrote:
> From my perspective, I think the license discussion is the essential
> one.  TDF is now in the position where it has a  historic opportunity
> to change their license to the Apache License.

As I understand it, TDF should certainly be able to "replace" their original
LGPL license from Oracle with the Apache License.

But I have questions about their ability to relicense new contributions, based
on what I read at http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/ and the
licensing policy linked from there.  It does not seem clear to me that TDF can
unilaterally relicense all contributions.

        --- Noel