On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 18:53, Allen Pulsifer <pulsi...@openoffice.org> wrote:
>> As a Incubator PMC member, I'd like to hear what the TDF folks think about
> this suggested path.
>> In the end the people who do the day-to-day work will end up collaborating
> or not...But, here's
>> my +1 that implies that i'd like folks who are signing on to this podling
> do their best to make this happen.
>
> Of course, there are many things on which it would be good to get input or
> feedback of the TDF community.  But "we" (and I'm using the abstract "we"
> here), should not be so self-important that we insist they come here to give
> us their input.  Someone (someone like a sponsor of the proposal), needs to
> head over to their place and engage them there.  That it simply common
> courtesy, that when you want to get someone's involvement, you have the
> courtesy to pay them a visit at their place.

I think it would be tough to engage people on the TDF and LO lists for
*input* to the proposal. Everything around the proposal (content,
audience, voters) are located here. It really makes sense to engage
here. (would you talk about Tomcat on the Subversion lists?)

But engaging the LO community on a basic matter of "hey. I'm here to
answer any questions, and to listen to concerns." Acting as a raw
conduit can be difficult (witness Jim's early emails being forwarded
across the lists).

Now... with that said. Consider a typical person from the ASF who
might want to do that. Say.. like myself. I don't know what list to
subscribe to. (name only one!) ... If somebody can say what list that
ASF people could subscribe to, then something like this could happen.

Did we already get such an invitation? (like our invitation to
general@incubator) ... Did I miss it?

Cheers,
-g