Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
...snip...
* Apache Foundation owns the trademark to OOo?
...snip...

The ASF has a recorded Software Grant that includes the trademark along with a specific list of source code files.

I have not yet seen the specific grant of the trademark itself at the ASF yet (i.e. legal documents officially transferring ownership within the USPTO here in the US).

As best I understand, the ASF does not currently own the trademark, but the intent of both Oracle and the ASF is that the trademark will be transferred to the ASF once the appropriate legal paperwork is completed. I presume, and will follow up, to ensure this includes the graphical logo with the seagulls.

Question: is anyone here aware of any registrations of "OpenOffice.org" or the logo or other related marks in other countries besides the US?

- Shane Curcuru
  VP, Brand Management, The Apache Software Foundation
  http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

For those interested:
http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=78581289
http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=77021413