On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 20:47, Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Because this is my first mail, I give a short introduction to myself.
>
> I'm Raphael Bircher from Switzerland. I contribute for OOo since 5 years as
> QA and in same other tecnical parts. I was involved by the migration to the
> kenai Infrastructur, and I'm willing to help by seting up the new
> infrastructure, if this help is welcome from the ASF side.

Welcome!

If you're interested in infrastructure, then Joe Schaefer recommended
joining the infrastruct...@apache.org mailing list[1].

> Am 06.06.11 02:13, schrieb Niall Pemberton:
>> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Greg Stein<gst...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> There are 146 projects listed on OpenOffice.org - all with mailing
>> lists. Last time I read the proposal, it wasn't clear how many of
>> these are active and being brought across. It does suggest though that
>> a single dev list is not sufficient.
>
> We have many many lists, a load of this lists are dead. Anyway, The 4 lists
> are ok, if this is onli for the startup while the kenai infrastructure from
> Oracle is running. If we realy switch to apache, we need much more ML, e.g
> for native language projects, etc.

That was my thought, too. Also note that we're talking about an
initial committer list of around 40-50 people (it is approaching 40
now). That many people can easily work on a single list. And yeah...
over time, more lists can be constructed as necessary. We're just
talking about the initial set.

And similar to you, I feel pretty strong about keeping it minimal.
Separating across too many lists might lose the necessary "critical
mass".

Cheers,
-g

[1] send mail to infrastructure-subscr...@apache.org