> Note, I've signed up as a mentor on the proposal.
>> We need to convince Ian Lynch to get involved too (if he's not already),
>> but I'll work on him later ;-)
>

> So far, Ian never helped us, but who knows  :-)

You might remember we did talk a few months back. My problem is simply that
getting the certification through the regulatory processes and financially
viable is more than a full time job already. We have mouths to feed here
:-). However it has potential to produce income that could fund development.
Not there yet but the OOo certification project is currently in negotiation
with a large training provider in South America that could make a
significant difference.  It's also the sort of thing that can attract EU
grant funding - Comenius funding for meetings and exchanges between schools
should be easy. I can help with that sort of thing. We have a grant
application in for about 300,000 Euros for developing OOo certification with
the EU through Germany. Even if this is not successful we can do other
applications.