Hi Simon,

Am 09.06.2011 00:14, schrieb Simon Phipps:

Presumably it would also be possible to have a group outside ASF called eg
Friends of Open Office ( FOO) that raised money and put it to code
development or marketing or whatever. Not saying that is the best way just
its a possibility.

Doesn't one of those already exist?

I know, you referre to FroDeV here - but in fact many of such entities exist. E.g. TeamOOo (the primary association for funds handling at the OOo project), PLIO in Italy, there are associations France, afaik in Japan and other countries as well to support the OpenOffice.org Community. Not counted the many associations that have ODF focus.

Regarding FrODev - Florian mentioned this every now and then - it is the interim entity to handle donations and legal assets for TDF. The association has been established the German Community around OOo (now we speak about supporting Free Office Suites in Germany) - and for several reasons we like (and have) to keep it that way.

regards,

André