On 14/06/11 05:26, Tom White wrote:
Hi,

I would like to propose Bigtop to be an Apache Incubator project.
Bigtop is a project for the development of packaging and tests of the
Hadoop ecosystem. The goal is to do testing at various levels
(packaging, platform, runtime, upgrade, etc...) developed by a
community with a focus on the system as a whole, rather than
individual projects.

Here's a link to the proposal on the wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BigtopProposal

I've also included the initial contents below.

Cheers,
Tom

I've added my name to the committer list, I won't be working on this in much/any of work time, and am fairly overcommitted, so don't expect that much. I can contribute some of my experience in VM setup/teardown for testing RPM installations, and how to do functional testing of dynamically created Hadoop clusters.