On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Adam P Fuchs <adam.p.fu...@ugov.gov> wrote:

The project looks interesting.

> I believe the answer is yes regarding the code grant, and I am currently
> confirming that with our lawyers. We'll get you an official answer early next
> week.

Great. I know that the US government has its own rules for such
things. I took part in the meetings that created the NASA Open Source
Agreement. (eg. the lawyers wouldn't let us call it an open source
"license"...) Let us know how it goes.

> The LGPL dependencies are not core to Accumulo, and we're working on
> substituting other packages. We would have no problem doing this before the
> initial commit if necessary.

I needs to be cleaned up before release, but the original commit is fine.

-- Owen