On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:44 AM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
> <nour.moham...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi...
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:07 AM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
> wrote:

> end
> >> of
> >>
> >> Why not make it easy?  Make incubator reports due by the first of the
> >> month.  Doing so doesn't increase workload, doesn't meaningfully
> >> increase latency/relevance, and gives the incubator more of a chance
> >> to recover (and actually obtain a report in time) when a deadline is
> >> missed.
> >
> > IMHO one week before the board meeting as a final date is fine and at the
> > same time will give the chance for review and resolving any issues if
> they
> > exist.
>
> Can you support this belief with evidence?  It is not uncommon for
> podlings to miss being included in board report, and this month the
> incubator report itself wasn't reviewed due to it being late.
>
> I can tell you (as a Director) that if those problems are fixed,
> nobody on the board would care if the deadline was mere hours before
> forwarding onto the board, but I do want to point out that there is a
> real problem that needs some solution, even if it isn't the one I
> proposed.

Well from my own experience that this time frame is  good, but for some
projects mentors are not that active and hence they are not pushing things
forward till it is too late, and hence either way you will get delayed
reports, only this time you can get more delayed reports.

I totally understand the point you are trying to make, but what I am trying
to say that time limits are not the problem, from what I saw it is either
the problem of mentors, not being active, or podling developers are not
active or even both, these are the real reasons and having delayed reports
are just one symptom.