On 01/03/2012 07:35 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> [1] "I don't see it as our place to *judge* communities. If it is a fork,
>     or a corporate spin-out, or a move, or brand new... All Good. "
>
> [2] "At Apache, all contributions are voluntary.  We do not accept code
>     from copyright owners who don't want us to have it, even if we have
>     the legal right to adopt it for other reasons.

These aren't necessarily contradictory.  At least part of what Roy's
saying is that if someone doesn't intend to distribute their software
under the Apache license then we should not take it.  But I think if
someone's clearly established their intent to publish a body of software
under the Apache license and a new community forms around that software
that's distinct from its original authors, then we can consider housing
that community.

Doug