I'm not worried about a mentor that can't write a decent report. I want a
podling that can write a decent report.  I'm much more worried when the mentor
can't prod the podling to write a report, and doesn't review it or sign it when
they do.  If the podling submits a poor report that is evidence enough that the
mentors need a bit of education.

Ralph