On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> Now to go back and answer Ant's question directly,

Sam, what you replied doesn't really answer my question directly. The
issue with the long term poddlings which I know about is not that
their reports are not read, they are in fact read so something else is
wrong if there is in fact a problem at all. I'm sorry that you're not
happy with how Kato went, as i said here [1] i expect that to be
resolved shortly and they will have done that themselves rather than
being pushed out by Incubator PMC which i think is a good outcome.

<big snip>

> Speaking as an individual Director here, but we have a board meeting
> in a few days and I can obtain an Official Word™ on the matter if
> that's what people here would like, but I'm highly confident that the
> outcome (directed at the chair) will be something along the lines of
> "see to it that podling reports are adequately vetted before
> forwarding them to the board"

I'd prefer to have an official response from the board on if in fact
it matters if incubation takes longer than a year. Podlings like Nuvem
or Wink or Photark or Kato or which ever else are just small and slow,
so what?

(and please note that there is no disrespect intended here. the ideas
and suggestions in this thread and others recently do seem like good
stuff to be trying, regardless of the age of a poddling)

   ...ant

[1] http://apache.markmail.org/message/trurg7pnt5yk7tei